Sunday, November 15, 2009

A Success with Ancestry DNA?

I decided to look at my Ancestry DNA results today and found someone with an exact match but a different surname. When I looked at his profile it turned out that he is a Perkins by ancestry. His line is traced back to 1824 in Bedfordshire, Eng. This is the first time I have had a Perkins match in England. I had previously been looking at the family of William Perkins, merchant tailor of London, who was from Berkshire, as the possible progenitor of my line. Now to find some more Perkins from Beds to test. Anyone out there from Bedforshire?

Since I have the Somerled R1a1a haplotype a DNA match to a Perkins is pretty indicative of a relationship.

1 comment:

birthrecord.me said...

Thanks a lot for your kind information. It is good to see that with the help of new technology many unrevealed problem have been sorted out. For that reason we are really thankful to the new technology.