Wednesday, December 06, 2017
Searching for the surname at FTDNA will find the projects.
Brashear (Brasier/Brassieur). France to Lower Norfolk, VA to Maryland). Benois Brasseur/Benjamin Brashear, JP, and Marie Rickford/Richeford of Calvert Co., MD.
Creekmore/Crickmer/Crickman. (Norfolk England to Norfolk, VA) My line is the R1a group matching to a Creekmer from England. Edmund Creekman, and Jane Wood,
believed to be the Edmund Creekman whose birth is recorded in St Nicholas Church, Norwich, Norfolk, England.
Kidd. (Britain to VA) My line is Thomas Kidd and Ann Willis of Lancaster County, VA;
Manning (Manon, Mannen). England or Ireland to MD and VA; William Manning and Nancy Whitecotton, of VA and Whitley County, KY. This is currently a brick-wall.
I also seem to have another Manning line back to Norfolk County, VA. There was another Manning family in MD in the 1600s who seem to
end up in VA in the 1700s.
Mowthorpe/Moulthrop. (England to CT) See set of articles in The American Genealogist; Matthew Moulthrop and Jane Nichol, of New Haven Colony.
Perkins/Parkins. (Britain to ME, CT, MA, NY, DEL, MD, and VA) My line is the R1a line from CT to NC pre-RevWar. Edward Perkins and Elizabeth Butcher, of New Haven Colony.
My Y DNA is a close match to the Chiefs of Clan Donald. All five tested as R1a.
Phipps/Fips. (Reading, Berkshire, England to Philadelphia and Reading, PA then to VA and NC). A Quaker family. Joseph Phipps and Sarah Benefield.
Strunk/Strunks. (Germany to PA, or Germany to Russia to PA and MD to Washington County, VA to NC to KY) My line is R1A from Daniel Strunk, Constable, of Ashe Co., NC to Whitley County, KY.
Swain/DeSwain. (Britain to Nantucket Island to NC) My line can be traced from VA to KY and is a brick-wall at this time.
Tunnell/Tonellier. (France to England to VA) Guillaume Tonnelier/William Tunnel and Ann Howard, Fairfax County, VA. There is a Tunnell family from MD to DEL leading to
some Delaware Governors.
Whitecotton/White Cotton. from VA to NC and SC then to KY and IL during and after the Rev War. Possibly Isaac Newton Whitecotton and Elizabeth Stumpf.
Wyatt/Wiatt. Greenbrier County VA to Greene County, TN to Knox County KY. My line is Samuel Wiatt and Rebecca Bennett.
All of these end up in the New River section of VA and NC and then move to SE KY and NE TN in the late 1700s to early 1800s.
Many people believe my ancestor Jabez Perkins, born in CT, lived in Wilkes/Ashe counties NC and Grayson County, VA, before moving to Whitley County, KY and then to
Bureau County, IL and back to Whitley, was married to a Nancy Ann CREEKMORE. I can't find any documentation of her family name. She signs a deed in Pulaski County,
KY as Nancy Ann Perkins. If she is a Creekmore then I have three Creekmore lines.
Let me know if any of these names are of interest.
My genealogy page and and genealogy/DNA blogs:
S.C. Perkins' Genealogy Page
S.C. Perkins Genealogy Blog
OnLine Journal of Genetics and Genealogy.
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Family Tree DNA:
• Family Finder $59, usually $89
• Y-DNA $129, usually $169
• mt-DNA $169, usually $199
• Big Y $475 (includes Y-DNA test for 111 markers)
If you have already tested at FTDNA you will be receiving Discount Coupons that can further reduce these sale prices.
23andMe is charging $49.00 if you buy 2 Ancestry Service kits. The normal cost of the Ancestry Service is $99.00.
AncestryDNA costs $79.00, a $20 discount from their regular price of $99.00. Rumor is that Ancestry will have a Black Friday price of $49.00.
This weekend, 24 Nov-27 Nov, MyHeritage is offering their normally priced $99.00 DNA test for $49.00 with free shipping for 3 or more kits.
Check all of the companies on Black Friday and Cyber Monday for possible lower costs.
Tuesday, April 25, 2017
Save on Family Finder, mtFull and Y-DNA tests April 20 - 27, 2017. The sale ends at 11:59pm CST Thursday April 27. And please share this with your relatives! If you have older relatives, please consider sponsoring their tests so that their DNA heritage can be discovered.
Questions? Please see Family Tree DNA or check your FTDNA homepage.
Thanks to Sandra Kidd.
Friday, February 17, 2017
Here are my results:
Except for the Cornish component this matches my known British ancestry.
- Aberdeen: John Burnett and Lucretia Johnston of Aberdeen and Edinburgh, Scotland to Old Rappahannock, Virginia Colony.
- Berkshire: Joseph Phipps and Mary Benfield of Reading went to Pennsylvania Colony. Quakers.
- Carmarthen: Maud Richard of Llanllwich, St. Peter's Parish, Carmarthen, Wales to Pennsylvania Colony where she married Rowland Powell.
- Cheshire: Samuel Hotchkis from Doddington, Whitchurch, Shropshire to New Haven Colony (Conn.).
- Joseph Helsby, of Kingsley, Cheshire and Jane or Joan Lockett of Frodsham, Cheshire to Pennsylvania Colony. Quaker.
- Katherine Gandy, of Overly Whitley, Cheshire to Pennsylvania Colony. Quaker. Married to Isaac Richardson.
- Devon: George Boone of Stoke Canon, Devon and Mary Maugrige, of Bradnitch, Devon to Pennsylvania Colony.
- Lancashire: Isaac Richardson to Pennsylvania Colony. Quaker. Married to Katharine Gandy.
- Lincolnshire: Matthew Moulthrop and Jane Nicholl,from Wrawby, Lincolnshire to New Haven Colony, (Conn.).
- Norfolk: Edmund Creekmore (Crickman) of Norfolk, Norfolk to Norfolk, Virgina Colony.
- Worcestershire: Thomas Farley, Gent., of Worcester, Worcestershire and Jane ----- to Jamestown, Virginia Colony (earliest confirmed immigrant ancestor, 1623 on the Ann).