My current test stats:
- 298 pages of matches with 50 people per page for approximately 14,900 persons. Only two given as 2nd cousins. Neither one confirmed yet. No family tree and one private.
- 6 pages of Hints. I have gone through 4 pages checking the pedigree links. Waiting for a known 2nd cousin's results.
- 2879 matches.
- approximately 380 sharing genomes
- approximately 30 relationships found in pedigrees.
- 3 known first cousins. Matching range from 17.9% to 15.9 to 12.5% 42, 42, 35 segments.
- 1 known second cousin, 3.10%, 13 segments.
- 2 known third cousins, 3.05% and 1.49%, 13 and 4 segments.
- 5 known third cousins once removed. Range is 2.45%, 1.32, 1.26, 0.78, 0.52 and 11, 4, 6, 3, 3 segments.
- Some of these are related through both of my parents.
- Waiting for a half-first cousin's results to get my paternal grandmother's mtDNA haplogroup and find out if one of her maternal ancestors was Native American.
- 113 pages at 10 people per page for approximately 1130 FF matches.
- Closest unknown match is predicted 2-4th cousin. 73 cM.
- 10 X matches 2 males and 8 females. Relationships not found.
- 15 Know relationships.
My 2nd cousin's 23andMe Countries of Ancestry graphic is much more complete than mine at 5cM and 1+ ancestor including Colonials.
Big failure at all services:
- No or incomplete family tree. This should at least cover the Great Grandparents and better, the Great Great Grandparents.
- Let us know if you are adopted so we can help you.
- Check setting to be sure Private is only applied to living persons.
- No dates or locations given makes it hard to match a person.
- If at 23andMe, include info on Rootsweb or Ancestry tree or GEDMATCH in your Profile.
- Response rate is low at all services.