Tuesday, May 06, 2014

FTDNA's revamped Population Finder is now myOrigins

If you have taken the Family Finder test at FTDNA, one of your result sets has been Population Finder. This has been renamed myOrigins. It is found as a link on your Personal Page (MyFTDNA) at FTDNA. I looked at my FTDNA myOrigins results and they are in line with what I have at 23andMe and at AncestryDNA.

So now all three show:

The British Isles;
France and the Low Countries;
Scandinavia;
Portugal and Spain over to Greece and the western Balkans.


Missing is Finnish and Yakut.

I believe Finnish should be there since I'm 90% sure of my Finnish ancestor in New Sweden. The Yakut, maybe not, though it could be Native American.

In 23andMe Counties of Ancestry I match people with all grandparents from Greece, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia and Armenia, as well as the more western European countries.

For me, myOrigins seems to work.

No comments: